Search This Blog

Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Alison's Healthy Eating Plan Pour Moi! :)

Well friends, I have joined a challenge put on by my friend Alison.  You should check out her blog (click on her name), she has more information on the challenge and YUMMY recipes.

This week, I am eating only foods that I've prepared.  In addition, no artificial sweeteners, canned/boxed foods, and...wait for it....no Diet Coke.  I will admit that the lack of Diet Coke has been by far the hardest.  I drank about 11 bottles of water yesterday.  So far I've had 8 today and about 32 oz of iced green tea.  There have been a few casualties - including a burnt stomach from splashing acorn squash, but over all it's been good.   I'm trying foods I haven't eaten before - and loving them! 

I started Monday with breakfast - Soaked Whole Wheat Muffins with Berries. Here's a picture of them before they were cooked:




I ate a bajillion carrots with ranch for a late lunch.  Dinner took a while to make from scratch.
Chicken Tetrazinni:




For snacking - I tend to be hungry more often since I'm not eating a ton of meat at breakfast like usual - I eat carrots or unsweetened applesauce (which is my FAVORITE).

Breakfast today consisted of oatmeal with frozen mixed berries and sliced banana. Yum!

I had leftover chicken tetrazinni for an early lunch. 

Dinner was Acorn Squash Soup.  Admittedly, I didn't think I'd like it. I'm not a huge squash person, but I LOVED it!  Plus I have about two servings left for later! 



I'm about to go eat some grapes! :)  I'll try to keep posting during the week so you can see what's up!
Oh yes, and if you'd like the recipes, just email me - or check out Alison's Blog.

Blessings!

1 comment:

  1. I'm soooo proud of you! Especially for the lack of diet coke. That's incredible!!! Keep going! You're doing great! :)

    ReplyDelete